Diego Simeone praises Conte’s Chelsea in the highest possible way
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Diego Simeone praises Conte’s Chelsea in the highest possible way
Chelsea have been handed a huge amount of praise from Diego Simeone,
who has claimed that the club are one of the most intense they have ever
played.
Chelsea recorded a huge win over Atletico Madrid in the Champions League group stages, and it seems that Simeone was taken aback by their work rate and intensity.
He was speaking to Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, and said: “We had never faced a team with the intensity of Chelsea.
“We struggled to press them effectively. We improved when (Antoine) Griezmann went on (Tiemoue) Bakayoko and left David Luiz free. But we were imprecise.
“The English teams have improved so it’s much more open. There is less margin for error now.”
Given Alvaro Morata is now injured and could well miss some of their group stage matches, it seems that the commanding points lead they have could do them a favour in more ways than one.
That being said, Michy Batshuayi has claimed he’s more than willing to step up during Morata’s absence.
Sky Sports report he said: “It sounds strange to say, but someone’s bad luck is sometimes the happiness of the other.
“I know that I will have more playing opportunities in the coming weeks. It’s up to me to show that I’m capable. I know Conte has confidence in me. Otherwise, he would have let me leave during the summer.
“It’s a chance for me. If I’m called on, I want to be ready and efficient. I have to stay really focused.
“I’ve already started games at Chelsea and played well. I’m an efficient striker, but I’m not a joker.”
Chelsea recorded a huge win over Atletico Madrid in the Champions League group stages, and it seems that Simeone was taken aback by their work rate and intensity.
“We struggled to press them effectively. We improved when (Antoine) Griezmann went on (Tiemoue) Bakayoko and left David Luiz free. But we were imprecise.
“The English teams have improved so it’s much more open. There is less margin for error now.”
Big points
The three points Chelsea took from Atleti put them firmly in the driving seat in their group, and allows them some room in the double header with Roma and also their other game against Atletico Madrid.Given Alvaro Morata is now injured and could well miss some of their group stage matches, it seems that the commanding points lead they have could do them a favour in more ways than one.
That being said, Michy Batshuayi has claimed he’s more than willing to step up during Morata’s absence.
Sky Sports report he said: “It sounds strange to say, but someone’s bad luck is sometimes the happiness of the other.
“I know that I will have more playing opportunities in the coming weeks. It’s up to me to show that I’m capable. I know Conte has confidence in me. Otherwise, he would have let me leave during the summer.
“It’s a chance for me. If I’m called on, I want to be ready and efficient. I have to stay really focused.
“I’ve already started games at Chelsea and played well. I’m an efficient striker, but I’m not a joker.”
Comments