Key Bayern Munich player offers backing to Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Key Bayern Munich player offers backing to Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp
Mats Hummels has offered his backing to Liverpool manager Jurgen
Klopp, who has come under pressure due to his side failing to close out
games and their poor defending costing them points in both the Premier
League and the Champions League group stages.
He said to Sky Sports: “I’m following Jurgen Klopp really closely because of the seven years we had when he coached me at Borussia Dortmund.
“I was really happy when he had a good start this year, but right now it looks a little tough for him and the club.
“But he and the team will get out of this situation, it’s not too bad but it’s not as good as they wanted it to be.
“Munich talked to me and asked me something, I said my opinion.
“But I don’t know if (former Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel) is the most likely candidate for the job, or if there is one or two others. I have no idea.
“I will be as curious as all of us, reading newspapers to see what’s going to happen.”
The fans, for the most part, are also backing Klopp, who will certainly have his eye on adding some defensive reinforcements in the January transfer window.
While Hummels was talking about Klopp and
Liverpool, it comes at an interesting time for the manager, who has been
heavily linked with the vacant manager’s job at Bayern Munich, and with
Hummels clearly a fan of his former manager, the backing given to him
will certainly will raise a few eyebrows.
“I was really happy when he had a good start this year, but right now it looks a little tough for him and the club.
“But he and the team will get out of this situation, it’s not too bad but it’s not as good as they wanted it to be.
“Munich talked to me and asked me something, I said my opinion.
“But I don’t know if (former Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel) is the most likely candidate for the job, or if there is one or two others. I have no idea.
“I will be as curious as all of us, reading newspapers to see what’s going to happen.”
Bayern move?
While Klopp is thought to one day be willing to manage Bayern, it seems that for now his eyes are on Liverpool, and with the side having far more work to do before they look like they can challenge for the Premier League title and does not plan on leaving the Reds yet.The fans, for the most part, are also backing Klopp, who will certainly have his eye on adding some defensive reinforcements in the January transfer window.
Comments